Do you even yoga, bro?
- Posted by Adrienne
- On March 3, 2016
Here at TeachGeek, we love to discover new technology! One of our passions outside of technology is health and fitness. We find it to be super important amongst our geeks and our clients. With that being said, we have discovered this great new tool for all you yoga fans out there!
Introducing the SmartMat!
SmartMat is a responsive yoga mat that uses motion-sensing technology to give you advice on your alignment and balance. The motion sensors built into the mat, reads your body’s alignment and pressure and records that information and uploads it to the SmartMat app. The app is available on both iOS and Android app stores!
Key features of the SmartMat include:
- It’s the same size as a standard yoga mat and can also be rolled up for portability.
- The mat can hold a charge for 6 hours
- The hardware is heat resistant up to 110 Fahrenheit (so maybe don’t bring it to your hot yoga/Bikram class to be safe!)
- SmartMat has over 21,000 sensors that detect your balance, pressure and alignment in your hands and feet, then send this information via Bluetooth to the connected SmartMat App on your phone or tablet (iOS and Android).
- It operates on three modes: In-home Private (audio and visual instructions), In-class Assist (use the mat in class with bluetooth headphones), and Zen Mode (track and record your practice silently, without audio or visual guides, during yoga class so you can check it later when you get home).
This could be an interesting product for anyone who is interested in the practice of yoga. If you are interested in purchasing this product it is available for pre-order here and retails for $347.
Go to https://smartmat.com to learn more about SmartMat!